MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a People Business Partner to support our Commercial and Growth teams in Berlin.
As a People Business Partner, you will:
- Drive effective collaboration and communication within your team and cross-functionally through the network of people partners. Look for opportunities to streamline tools, provide balance to meeting and communication cadence, and optimize team energy.
- Support recruitment by anticipating business needs within your group and connecting goals to 6-12 month lead time in team development.
- Guide team members with HR administrative support - HR questions, paperwork, and discussions will come through you first. You will then connect with the appropriate leads in the People Team to best address the issues at hand.
- Uphold and increasingly look for opportunities to further move forward Grover's diversity and inclusivity practices. We are a very international company - founded and headquartered in Berlin, we reflect the city around us with over 41 nationalities and 26 languages....but the work is never done. It is a core responsibility of the People Team, especially the People Partners, to ensure our intention to build an inclusive, open workplace matches our actions and reality.
- Champion the company values and ensure that they are ingrained in everyday practices on the team level.
- Bring the love! We are an intense, high drive group linked by passion and curiosity - but even the most ambitious of teams needs to remember to have fun and connect as people. Plan social events for your team, promote rituals and traditions, celebrate the wins on a team level, acknowledge birthdays and other important life moments, ensure incoming team members are warmly welcomed and outgoing team members (i.e., new alums) are properly toasted. Think of yourself as part organizational and strategic consultant, part engagement manager, part executive coach, and part community manager. You're here to keep the team on track, connected, and inspired.
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate People Business Partner with:
- 5+ years of business / communications experience, optimally including some management. You do not necessarily need to have worked in HR or people operations but you do need to care deeply about people and have taken efforts to drive communication, collaboration, team spirit, and empathy in your previous teams.
- Sharp business acumen. The People Partners must fundamentally understand Grover's business model in order to explain it to others and to support goal setting processes that line up to business priorities.
- Strong intuition. You are often reading the room and picking up on what is not said as much as what is.
- Eye for detail. Much of employer branding and experience comes down upholding
the details - font used, voice and tone in communication, consistency in rituals,
etc. You care deeply about the "little things" and go the extra distance to make
sure they are maintained.
- Relentless follow-through. Ideas are great, but they don't mean much without action.
- Comfort with the German bureaucracy. You will often be the first person asked when a team member gets a confusing letter or needs to navigate a change in the system. You will have support and resources to see them through, but you should be able to advise on basic matters or point them in the right direction.
- Fluent English (required), fluent German and Spanish greatly desired. Additional languages a plus!