Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €350 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
As Grover’s first Head of UX, you will lead Product Design and UX Research teams focused on strategy, methods, principles, and team growth. You will also work cross-functionally with brand design, growth, content, as well as functional leaders and stakeholders throughout the company.
Grover aims to lower barriers to accessing consumer technology through flexible, sustainable, and transparent subscriptions. We focus on an intuitive and elegant user experience to drive our hyper growth.
You will report directly to the CPO and you will have the unique opportunity to define and continuously evolve the Grover user experience as we expand internationally, across new product categories, while scaling operational excellence, and launching new and innovative financial services.
The Product Design and UX Research teams are made up of 4 Product Designers, 1 Product Design Lead, 2 Senior UX Researchers, and 1 UX Copywriter. We plan to grow the team significantly in the months to come.
As our first Head of UX, you will:
- Contribute to the evolution of Grover’s product and UX strategies
- Establish and improve processes and standards for UX, design and research to ensure efficient and scalable design operations in alignment with product and engineering – from early discovery of a product to continuous improvements after launch
- Be a mentor to your team, assist in their development and training, provide constructive feedback, and direct them to push the boundaries of creativity while thinking strategically and in line with business goals
- Articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices
- Lead cross-functional design reviews and assume responsibility for design quality across all consumer-facing and internal tools
- Oversee and at times get hands-on in the design of intuitive, elegant, and commercially-driven product experiences, leveraging Grover brand standards and industry best practices
- Participate in continuous design discovery using Figma/Sketch, Framer, and other prototyping tools: detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Review wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Define, communicate and defend UX strategy taking into account customer insights, business goals and technical feasibility while aligning with product managers, engineers, stakeholders, leadership, and your peers in the global design and UX community
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Head of UX, with:
- Several years of leadership experience in a fast-paced scale-up or agency
- Strong track record in UX design and/or research
- Attention to detail and excellent craftsmanship when it comes to spotting opportunities, defining hypotheses, and rapid prototyping
- A clear understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Exceptional creative leadership skills to empower team members while being able to clearly present creative work and articulate the rationale for decisions
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.