MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are now looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to coach and grow the Grover Card squad. The team is currently composed of 6 software engineers sharing the same passion for Grover's mission and excellence.
The squads’ primary mission is - but not limited to - Onboarding Grover Card into Financial Services Eco-system. You will have space for ownership and have a tangible impact on our teams and products!
As one of our first Engineering Managers, you will:
- Collaborate with our CTO, Engineering Managers, and the People Ops to build long term tech strategies
- Scale our engineering culture and frameworks for all our key processes (engineering, product, and people)
- Shape the future of our architecture and tech ecosystem while we grow and expand in new countries
- Lead 5 to 8 Developers in a cross-functional squad
- Take care of the well-being, growth, and performance of your team members
- Plan and organise the most efficient way of working for even more agility
- Ensure a great collaboration with our product team and business stakeholders
- Contribute to our hiring strategy and onboard new team members
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
...and you like our tech stack:
- Node.js (NestJS, TypeScript) for our services
- Ruby (Rails) for our eCommerce application
- Data: Postgres, ElasticSearch and Mongo / DocumentDB
- GraphQL and REST APIs
- Messaging: Kafka (Confluent)
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform to maintain our AWS infrastructure (Microservices - ECS with EC2 and Fargate, as well as serverless with API Gateway and Lambda
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager with:
- At least 2 years' experience on a similar leadership role, ideally within distributed teams
- Senior background full-stack web development
- Experience managing teams on a similar ecosystem and a fast-paced environment
- Desire to use and implement engineering best practices such as CI/CD, TDD, XP
- Autonomy and maturity. You are able to question the status quo, and you can take strategic decisions by yourself when needed
- Business acumen. You can see the big picture from both tech & business angles, and shape your strategy and communication accordingly
- Leadership skills: you are a servant leader, who inspires your team members and engage them in our vision and goals
It is a plus:
- Background in payment domain
- Experience with HTTP integration
- Experience with fintechs