Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €30 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our talented Product team. You will work on cross-functional projects, from mobile to web applications, with a diverse team of 4 people (1 Product Design Lead, 2 Sr. Product Designers, 1 Product Designer).
The project scope is international as we expand to new countries in 2021!
As a Product Designer you will:
- Craft intuitive, elegant, and shippable product experiences, using Grover's design system and industry best practices
- Produce user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that communicate high-level functionality
- Work with user researchers, product managers, and engineering to test and rapid prototype concepts and ideas across all platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Help software engineers and product managers define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Export final assets and write implementation details for engineers
- Participate in cross-functional design reviews with the larger team
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate team player with:
- At least 2 years of experience designing products for consumer-focused product companies
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design, and user experience
- Expert proficiency in Figma or Sketch
- Consistently consider the holistic user experience and potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in your work
- Ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations
- Begin projects by partnering with user researchers and data scientists to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from your manager, stakeholders, teams, and the Product Design team (at least once per week for active projects), presentations, and Crits
- A strong understanding of the vision and key objectives for your product area, taking cues from the design manager, as well as product and engineering leads
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.