Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €30 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our engineering team in Berlin. The role is open due to the creation of two new squads.
We rebranded Grover, and are planning a growth of +300% in 2021 with the launch of exciting new features and international expansion!
Our Software Engineers often describe our projects as complex - but fun. We offer a great engineering culture: our team is still small, we don't take anything for granted, and we value creativity and ownership!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop new features working with cross-functional squads, with a distributed team
- Have ownership to suggest and implement your own ideas
- Participate in the creation of our frontend frameworks and toolkit
- Create well-designed and easy-to-use features for both external facing apps as well as internal tools.
- Spot performance issues and optimize the applications for the highest speed and scalability
- Help building our new app, leveraging features produced for the web while working with native implementations
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
...and you like our tech stack:
- React.js (Redux), Vue.js
- Node.js (Express and Nest)
- GraphQL, REST APIs
- AWS: EC2, Lambdas, Terraform, Cloudwatch, Redshift
We are looking for a passionate team player with:
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with React, Redux, and Webpack. Babel is a plus.
- You are comfortable with built-in functionalities
- You have a sharp knowledge on the new frontend techs, and how to use them in an efficient way.
- E-commerce or Fintech experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.