Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
Only by aligning in-depth knowledge about our users with strategic business goals, our product squads can create a best in class user experience for tech subscriptions. As we are growing quickly and expand Grover across various customer touchpoints, you will be the go-to person for all research questions of your product group's responsibility.
You will conduct quantitative as well as qualitative studies to drive product ideation, evaluation, and development. As one of our first UX Researcher, you will propose actionable solutions that deliver value while efficiently involving stakeholders in your process. You will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, UX Copywriters, and Engineers. Your work impacts a wide array of B2C products from web, mobile and offline, to financial services and B2B – which means studying an exciting diversity of customers and interactions.
We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our talented Product team.
As a UX Researcher you will:
- Help defining Grover's overall product strategy by identifying business and market opportunities through exploratory research (user research, market research, competitor research) and knowledge of UX best practices
- Fully integrate UX Research and the customer's voice in the product development process of your responsible squads, championing user research and data-based decision-making
- Evaluate and improve our existing user experience concepts across all of your product groups' customer touchpoints
- Communicate research findings and actionable solutions to product, business, and engineering teams and help with prioritizing features on our roadmap
- Create and evaluate complex hence engaging ad-hoc and continuous online surveys on your own to validate hypotheses from qualitative research and to track customers' perception across various touchpoints over time (this is a key skill for the position)
- Plan, execute, and evaluate qualitative user interviews and UX testings (remote and hopefully soon again in-house)
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate UX Researcher with:
- Extensive and continuously evolving skillset of quantitative as well as qualitative research methods, knowing when to do what and why (surveys, statistical data analysis, interviews, UX testing, diary studies, workshops, etc.) paired with strong analytical skills and empathy
- At least 2-3 years experience doing hands-on quantitative and qualitative research, ideally in a product environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (being able to compile surveys and conduct interviews in German is a big plus)
- Pronounced data affinity and knowledge of how to use survey software, Google sheets / Excel and ideally statistical software such as R
- A degree in computer science, human-computer interaction, experimental psychology, data science, media science, sociology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc. is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.