MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are now looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our talented Business Intelligence team.
As a Sr. Data Engineer (Business Intelligence), you will:
- Build and maintain complex, scalable real time ETL pipelines to enrich database from various sources
- Be able to design, build and maintain distributed data warehouses
- Act as the key representative of BI and collaborate with Product & Engineering teams
- Maintain quality documentation for knowledge sharing on topics such as data governance, metadata and data dictionary
- Leverage BI capabilities and support process improvements & automation for business operations
- Play an important role in steering BI's roadmap and strategic objectives
- Create monitoring systems to track the quality of data and the health of our systems
You care about:
- Data quality and transparency
- Tech innovation and knowledge sharing
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Data Engineer with:
- 3+ Experience in data engineering, data warehousing and data modelling
- Proficiency with ETL pipelines, SQL, Python
- Proven experience working with big data technologies( Kafka, Faust, Spark, Hadoop, Presto)
- Understanding of Distributed systems & Microservices
- Experience working with REST APIs and/or SOAP is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS services, Jenkins and Jira
- Good writing & communication skills, open-mindedness and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of web tracking technologies
Technologies we use:
- AWS suite - Redshift, Matillion, Lambda
- Apache Kafka
- Python 3.6+ (Faust, sklearn, pandas, …)
- Jira, Confluence, Github
- Amplitude, Braze
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)