Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are now looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our talented Business Intelligence team.
As a Sr. Data Engineer (Business Intelligence), you will:
- Build and maintain complex, scalable real time ETL pipelines to enrich database from various sources
- Be able to design, build and maintain distributed data warehouses
- Act as the key representative of BI and collaborate with Product & Engineering teams
- Maintain quality documentation for knowledge sharing on topics such as data governance, metadata and data dictionary
- Leverage BI capabilities and support process improvements & automation for business operations
- Play an important role in steering BI's roadmap and strategic objectives
- Create monitoring systems to track the quality of data and the health of our systems
You care about:
- Data quality and transparency
- Tech innovation and knowledge sharing
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Data Engineer with:
- 3+ Experience in data engineering, data warehousing and data modelling
- Proficiency with ETL pipelines, SQL, Python
- Proven experience working with big data technologies( Kafka, Faust, Spark, Hadoop, Presto)
- Understanding of Distributed systems & Microservices
- Experience working with REST APIs and/or SOAP is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS services, Jenkins and Jira
- Good writing & communication skills, open-mindedness and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of web tracking technologies
Technologies we use:
- AWS suite - Redshift, Matillion, Lambda
- Apache Kafka
- Python 3.6+ (Faust, sklearn, pandas, …)
- Jira, Confluence, Github
- Amplitude, Braze
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.