Group Nine is a digital first creative force ranking as the 7th largest digital publisher in the world, but size is not what drives us. We’re driven by telling stories that engage our audiences, that get them talking. We rank as the #1 most engaged digital publisher globally according to Tubular. Our brands know how to tell the stories that resonate with today’s audiences. Our approach is to customize our storytelling to each platform we distribute. That process begins with the right team focused on the right platform. The same holds true for long form programming.
In addition to the dedicated teams within our amazing brands, we have a focused team of seasoned, passionate creatives at Group Nine Studios developing and producing short, mid and long form series for our brands and select partners.
Group Nine Social Studios is a newly created team that will serve as an external studio to amplify and support the work that Discovery Digital's team is creating across their brands. Group Nine and Discovery Digital have already successfully partnered on many projects and we're taking it a step further. This team will be developing and producing completely original series as well producing new digital series extending Discovery's existing mega-franchises. These series will be uniquely developed to thrive on Facebook Watch, Snapchat or the GO platform -- we'll be bringing innovative video series to the newest platforms. This is where the Associate Editor comes in.
Group Nine Studios is looking to hire an Associate Editor who will provide support and assist with all aspects of production for digital programming. Responsibilities include:
- Fulfilling content needs for Group Nine Studio shows as requested by Producers and Editors
- Supporting the exchange of scripts, video and licensed content in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Organize editing, and coordinating all elements needed to provide the right content for projects assigned on a daily basis
- Quickly research general web and stock footage sources for compelling footage
- Identify any clearance, and copyright restrictions for acquired elements
- Track costs and clearances via Google Suite and Excel
- Maintain extensive footage database
- Assist in writing scripts and approve copy as needed
- Operate prompter and other assigned equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and/or work experience
- Must have at least 2 years relevant work experience in digital media or programming
- Requires strong attention to detail, organizational, and time-management skills
- Experience working under pressure while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles
- Must be a self-starter and work well without constant supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.