At Thrillist, Editorial Assistants are primarily responsible for conducting photo sourcing and outreach and building articles, as well as assisting editors with editorial calendar planning and some copy editing. There will also be chances to write and to contribute creatively to the greater team. As a Thrillist EA, you will become part of a fast-growing editorial team that’s producing engaging and informative lifestyle content, both in the written and video mediums. You’ll be an ensurer of quality both pre- and post-publish, and a big part of making sure our content goes out on deadline by helping to organize and coordinate between the editors, writers, creative team, and copy editors.
Our ideal candidate is a strong writer that's obsessed with grammar, spelling, and punctuation; has a close eye for detail (especially when it comes to formatting and recognizing quality images) and experience working in CMS; is extremely organized; and excels in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Building ~10-15 articles & videos/day within the Thrillist CMS
- Performing photo sourcing and outreach while adhering to Thrillist’s editorial standards
- Archiving of original content into our Digital Asset Management system
- Liaising with the Copy Team, editors, and Creative Team to ensure all content meets Thrillist’s high editorial standards
- Assisting editors in maintaining and updating vertical editorial calendars
- Occasional copy editing/publishing of content on an as-needed basis, with opportunities for semi-regular writing and editing assignments as you demonstrate the ability to do so
- Pitching and writing engaging and informative stories
- Bachelor's Degree (concentration in journalism/online media preferred)
- Must meet deadlines and have strong prioritization & time management skills
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
- CMS and web media experience
- An eye for good photography (sourcing experience highly preferred)
- Familiarity with major style guides also a plus
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.