At Thrillist, Editorial Assistants are primarily responsible for building articles and sourcing photos, as well as assisting editors with editorial calendar planning and some copy editing. As a Thrillist EA, you will become an integral part of a fast-growing editorial operation producing engaging and informative lifestyle content in both written and video formats. You’ll help ensure quality both pre- and post-publish, and a big part of making sure our content goes out on deadline by coordinating with the editors, writers, creative team, and copy editors.
Our ideal candidate for this entry-level position in the Entertainment vertical is extremely organized; has a close eye for detail (especially when it comes to formatting and recognizing quality images); is obsessed with grammar, spelling, and punctuation; excels in a fast-paced startup environment; and possesses deep knowledge of the current entertainment landscape.
- Building ~10-15 articles & videos/day within our CMS
- Performing research and photo sourcing while adhering to Thrillist’s editorial standards
- Liaising with section editors, the copy team, and creative to ensure timely publishing
- Assisting editors in maintaining vertical calendars and resource lists
- Copy-editing/publishing of content on an as-needed basis
- Providing administrative support, including filing expenses and other paperwork
- Occasionally assisting editors in other sections and with production on major site-wide projects
- An obsessive appetite for pop-culture, particularly television and movies
- Bachelor's degree, and experience working with CMS and online media
- Must meet deadlines and have strong prioritization & time management skills
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
- An eye for good photography (sourcing experience highly preferred)
- Familiarity with major style guides also a plus
- A positive and proactive outlook
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.