Seeker exists where technology, innovation, and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries, and ground-breaking virtual reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
Seeker is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to oversee and produce a catalogue of original video content, including short documentaries, studio shows and animated/mixed media formats.
The right candidate will possess a good editorial instinct, a high-level of creativity, and an advanced understanding of the production process at every stage.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are excellent storytellers with a knack for developing, writing and producing compelling narratives for digital platforms. The ability to find the through line of a story, particularly with science content, needs to be part of your DNA - pun intended!
You should also have a track record of being able to lead, motivate, and inspire a team to deliver exceptional, significant and impactful stories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce content as assigned from end-to-end
- Evaluate and approve story ideas and pitches with team members and outside parties
- Writing and editing scripts and QC content as necessary
- Watch, review and make notes on edits
- Uphold Seeker’s editorial standards and brand voice from pitch to delivery
- Create and manage team content project schedules and resource plans
- Communicate brand & project goals, deadlines, and other information to team members, and internal/external stakeholders to ensure deliverables for all projects are met
- Oversee end to end production of small, and large scale projects on time and within budget
- Leverage data-driven insights to grow audience, engagement and viewer retention across multiple media platforms
- Partner with sales and branded content to to create and execute Ad opportunities within Seeker original content
- Assist in the development, planning and production of new Seeker properties
- Evaluate and leverage individuals’ strengths in order to properly staff projects; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow
- Manage a team of Producers, Editors, and Host/Writers
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and minimum of 8 years of production experience with 5 years of producing digital video content and/or documentaries
- Background in science highly preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A strong writer, able to script for a variety of different formats.
- Experience managing and mentoring production team
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and priorities in order to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive thinking, the ability to anticipate problems, and problem solving under pressure is critical
- Excellent understanding of digital media trends and how audiences consume content across platforms
- Highly creative with a proven track record for growing audiences
- Skilled storyteller with strong writing ability across a variety of mediums
- Production skill-set should include overseeing edits, conducting interviews, directing talent and overseeing small and large scale projects
- Familiar and confident with directing shoots and editors, providing construction, creative feedback
- Experienced field producer able to manage and execute domestic and international shoots
- Proficient with Adobe editing software, preferred but not required
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.