As part of the Group Nine Media I.T. department, the I.T. Coordinator will provide internal direction, organization, and support in the development and implementation of small- and large-scale technology projects to impact Group Nine’s core operations. The incumbent Coordinator will work directly with I.T.’s management and technical teams to determine best practices and outline strategic roadmaps for the design and execution of both user-oriented and infrastructural projects across several scaling office spaces. The I.T. Coordinator will also work closely with the support team to establish and enforce deadlines for support tickets, adjusting strategies and per departmental needs; maintain communications across teams, namely with Finance and Operations departments; assist in the purchasing and acquisition of new technologies (software and hardware); direct departmental meetings to ensure adherence to schedules and to clarify goals; work with vendors and clients to maintain/renew/consolidate licenses; assist in controlling project costs; benefit overall quality of departmental performance.
- Design of business improvement initiatives
- Ensuring all projects are completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with specified plans
- Sets and manages team and management expectations
- Plans, directs, and coordinates team activities to manage and implement several projects at once
- Identifies and assembles diverse resources to meet project requirements
- Oversees I.T. ticketing to ensure employees receive support within a specified timeframe
- Gathers business requirements from stakeholders and develops project process flows to meet said requirements
- Facilitates communication planning to ensure appropriate information is exchanged among project stakeholders, senior management, and the I.T. team
- Prepares, submits, and presents written and/or oral status reports to clients, teams, and management
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.