Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to join our fast-growing art department, which spans both video and written editorial content. We are making a huge push into video this year and are looking for someone who can help create both entertaining and service-oriented story graphics for our growing audience.
If you are passionate about digital media and want to put your killer design, typography, and motion skills to work, then we want to hear from you!
- Be a lover of all things food/drink, travel, entertainment, and pop culture
- Be a graphic design ninja and typography aficionado
- Be collaborative and receptive to feedback and direction
- Be able to animate, design, and sketch, and feel comfortable managing both small and large projects
- Be excited about the Thrillist brand and creative potential of our unique content
- Work with the art and video teams (writers, editors, designers, producers, etc.) to build the best and most engaging story graphics
- Innovate new styles and formats that help define and evolve the Thrillist brand
- Present mood boards, style frames and conceptual ideas to the Creative Director and Head of Video
- Create innovative type and graphic animations for short, medium and long-form video content
- Go beyond what’s expected and challenge yourself to excel on all levels
- A degree in design, illustration, or fine arts
- 4+ years of strong motion graphics design experience
- Expert in all major editing/design tools in Adobe CC Suite and beyond, as well as animation tools (AE, Maya, Cinema 4D, etc.)
- Be a self-starter with an interest in storytelling and new media
- Curious, nimble, process driven, and super organized
- Extremely creative and an eye for detail
- Understand the unique Thrillist voice and style
- Familiarity with web graphic standards and codecs
- Working knowledge of video production
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly and smoothly within a fast-paced environment
- A sense of humor and great attitude
Please provide links to examples of your most recent work on your resume: demo reel, full story examples, animations.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.