Group Nine is seeking a seasoned animator to help bring special projects to life across Group Nine and our subsidiary media brands: NowThis, The Dodo, Thrillist and Seeker. This includes motion strategy and execution for high-visibility initiatives alongside ongoing research and development for improving our motion toolkits across new and existing franchises. The Animator/Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for maintaining the animation strategy of the brand as well as leading and collaborating with freelancers on larger-scale projects.
This is a full-time role within the Group Nine design team working directly with the Art Director and reporting to the Creative Director.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a designer/animator who can pair big ideas with impeccable executions
- You are a curious creative who understands the unique Group Nine voice and style
- You are passionate about media and can present information in a visually compelling way
- You are a self-starter who can also work in a highly collaborative environment
- Your AE keyboard is more custom than most people’s dream car
- Your Vimeo page puts the Oscar shorts judges to shame
- 6+ years of experience
- Solid knowledge of animation softwares: AE, Maya, Cinema 4D, etc.
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot edit/technical problems
- Creative thinker with a strapping sense of design
- Self-starter with an interest in storytelling and new media
- Deep understanding of social platforms
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Enthusiastically collaborative: an ability to work with a team of editors & producers
- Obsessive file organization skills
- Concern for accuracy
- A sense of humor and great attitude
*Please provide links to examples of your most recent work on your resume: demo reel, full story examples, animations.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.