Group Nine is seeking a seasoned art director to help bring special projects to life across Group Nine and our subsidiary media brands: NowThis, The Dodo, Thrillist and Seeker. This includes creative executions for ongoing brand initiatives as well as cracking new formats and platform-appropriate design strategies to share across brands. The Art Director helps maintain the visual integrity of Group Nine branding assets across departments, manages junior team members and freelancers, and maintains the global design resources for the brand.
This is a full-time role within the Group Nine design team, reporting to the Creative Director.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a designer who can pair big ideas with impeccable executions
- You are a curious creative who understands the unique Group Nine voice and style
- You are passionate about media and can present it in a visually compelling way
- You are a self-starter who can also work in a highly collaborative environment
- Your brain is always on design mode
- Your portfolio shows a diverse selection of work across platforms/formats
- 8+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot edit/technical problems
- Creative thinker with a strapping sense of design & typography
- Self-starter with an interest in storytelling and new media
- Deep understanding of social platforms
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Enthusiastically collaborative: an ability to work with a team of editors & producers
- Obsessive file organization skills
- Concern for accuracy
- A sense of humor and great attitude
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.