NowThis makes short-form news video built for mobile and distributed natively through social media feeds. Our core audience are people who live on their phones and swipe as much as they scroll. We believe in placing content where our audience already lives, likes and shares. NowThis exists at the cross-section of the three key trends in digital today: social, mobile, and video.
We are looking for an experienced Post Production Manager to join our award-winning team. This role will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to all of post-production as well as oversight of media management.
The Post Production Manager must have a depth of technical experience in video post-production and this role requires a strong video production background, graphics knowledge a plus.
The ideal candidate is a curious and highly creative self-starter who works well with other teams, is organized, has a love of troubleshooting, a comprehensive knowledge of post-production workflow, and has a keen understanding of NowThis' mission and content.
This position reports to the Head of Production and IT.
- Work closely with the Video team in developing a post-production strategy, streamlining workflows and asset organization for media
- Create and maintain post-production guide unique to NowThis
- Stay in tune with cutting edge software and hardware developments in the industry and work with production team to find ways to integrate these into our workflow.
- Train and support other editors and freelancers on best practices
- Research and develop future post-production and archival solutions
- Document post-production processes and procedures
- Collaborate with IT to identify and troubleshoot technology related bottlenecks and partner in assisting to deliver tech projects to support the core editorial/productionteams.
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Report appropriate music usage to APM
- Manage a b-roll library
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4+ years experience in developing and producing Web Video content across multiple platform and formats
- Proficient with Premiere Pro, the Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, Pluraleyes, REDCINE-X PRO
- Expert in digital production workflow, tools, and technologies
- Basic experience with audio programs (ie ProTools or Audacity)
- Working knowledge of file sharing services (ie Dropbox, Google drive, Frame.io, Signiant) a must
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Experience with MAM and DAM (or DIT) systems a strong plus
- Understanding of Live stream workflow and Live Production
- Experience managing 4k workflow systems, Linux, and managing video servers a plus.
- Impeccable work ethic with strong creative, organizational and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Can work independently and within a team
- Willingness to travel (production, our other offices and industry events) as and when needed.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.