Group Nine Social Studios is a newly created team that will serve as an external studio to amplify and support the work that Discovery Digital's team is creating across their brands. Group Nine and Discovery Digital have already successfully partnered on many projects and we're taking it a step further. This team will be developing and producing completely original series as well producing new digital series extending Discovery's existing mega-franchises. These series will be uniquely developed to thrive on Facebook Watch, Snapchat or the GO platform -- we'll be bringing innovative video series to the newest platforms.
We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer/Editor to join our award-winning creative team. Our ideal candidate knows how to inform and engage large internet audiences and lives to find compelling visual ways to tell stories.
The Motion Graphics Designer/Editor will concept, research and design original content ranging from live action and scripted episodic content to short-form motion graphic narratives, and infographics. Candidates must have strong Adobe CC skills, be an expert with After Effects and Premiere Pro, and excel at storytelling in a variety of formats.
The Motion Graphics Designer/Editor will possess a high-level of creative resourcefulness and will bring a well-defined design sense, self-sufficiency, and a keen ability to be a part of talented team that produces and publishes multi-format and multi-platform content.
*Please provide links to examples of your most recent work on your resume: demo reel, full story examples, animations.
- Designing and producing engaging nonfiction content in various formats across multiple platforms
- Creating engaging motion graphic video assets for studio productions, field documentaries, VR/360 experiences and new development
- Consistently researching and initiating new motion graphics projects and formats
- Partnering with production & editorial leads to identify content that will translate into beautiful videos
- Elevating the various company brand aesthetics through motion graphics and storytelling
- Researching the latest design trends to keep G9M's brand fresh for our audience and publishing platforms
- Crafting high-quality original concepts with minimal direction
- Prioritizing workload and managing expectations
- Work on creative development, branding and promo initiatives, event coverage
- Perform other duties as needed
- 2-3 years of professional experience working in video production, motion graphics and design
- Expert with Adobe CC, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Media Encoder, Plural Eyes
- Passion for visual storytelling with a strong sense of design, typography, illustration
- Highly creative, organized and able to work independently with little direction
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and able to adapt to changing show styles and schedules
- Enthusiasm and leadership experience to mentor other video editor
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-tasking production environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with different video formats, codecs, frame rates, audio compression, and standards for web video
About Group Nine:
Group Nine is a digital first creative force ranking as the 7th largest digital publisher in the world, but size is not what drives us. We’re driven by telling stories that engage our audiences, that get them talking. We rank as the #1 most engaged digital publisher globally according to Tubular. Our brands know how to tell the stories that resonate with today’s audiences. Our approach is to customize our storytelling to each platform we distribute. That process begins with the right team focused on the right platform. The same holds true for long form programming.