- Maintain database for key metrics across video and written content, as well as cross-platform data
- Send weekly and monthly performance reports to relevant teams
- Support individuals and teams on ad hoc data pulls
- Record and help synthesize data from a/b testing working closely with the stakeholders on the Video and Distribution teams
- Support platform managers in developing benchmarks for success, reporting on platform insights, and relaying data-backed suggestions for optimizing content
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a digital data-focused role, preferably at a media company or relevant industry
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for social media analytics in particular; fluent in Excel
- A passion for The Dodo brand and a strong curiosity about what drives trends on social & digital media
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects without missing a beat -- this role will involve a balance of ad hoc requests and regular deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficient in Powerpoint / Keynote
- Experience with Facebook Insights and other third-party data reporting tools are a plus
- Ability to think quick on your feet, work independently, and be resourceful when it comes to problem-solving
- A team player -- you enjoy working in a multi-team environment!
About the Dodo:
The Dodo is an NYC-based digital media start-up committed to creating entertaining, meaningful animal-related stories – we cover everything from viral videos and animal behavior to rescue stories and advocacy efforts. Our goal at The Dodo is to deliver the most emotionally and visually compelling, sharable animal stories and videos to the biggest number of readers possible to help make caring about animals a viral cause. We are looking for passionate, flexible people who are interested in growing a start-up that we hope will make the world a better place for animals.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.