Group Nine Media is currently seeking an Associate Graphic Designer to join our internal creative agency, Alchemy, and support the creation of industry-leading media campaigns and branded content. As an Associate Graphic Designer on Alchemy, you’ll have the opportunity to design custom, unique, and impactful advertising campaigns & event materials for leading brands across genres.
- Work as a part of a team of designers to develop custom & unique creative executions for brands
- Build web banners and digital campaign collateral for a growing collection of premium Spirits brands
- Support the Events team by creating event branding, digital and print materials for Thrillist events
- Manage, prioritize, and execute multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
- Participate in creative briefings and reviews--be able to justify the reasons & concepts behind your designs
- Develop a deep understanding of the Group Nine Media brand portfolio & know how to convey its voice, tone and personality visually across mediums
- A degree in design (or relevant field) and 1+ yrs relevant work experience
- Proficiency in all industry-standard design applications (Adobe CC: PS, AI, ID) on a Mac platform
- An extraordinary attention to detail & the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong communication and organizational skills – must be a team player/willing to collaborate with others!
- Must have strong design, layout and typography skills, digital media, branding
- Experience with any or all of the following illustration, Splash events platform, Celtra or similar rich media builders, Ceros, After Effects a plus!
- Accepts constructive criticism, and uses it to better oneself as a designer & to better the company as a whole
*An online portfolio is required to apply.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.