We’re looking for an Associate Insights Analyst to join NowThis within Group Nine Media. As a member of the Insights team, you will be responsible for measuring editorial success and communicating actionable insights to our stakeholders in the newsroom, including but not limited to the Social Media team, Written & Newsletter team, and Social Video team. You will also be involved in building and maintaining the data products we developed for internal and external stakeholders. This role will report to the Director, Analytics.
The Associate Insights Analyst will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values – Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close, and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Communicate and document actionable insights to newsroom stakeholders, including editorial team leaders, producers, publishers, etc.
- Produce and communicate weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly reports that communicate both quantitative (views, engagement, unique visitors, etc.) and qualitative results with the newsroom
- Respond to ad hoc insights requests and questions from stakeholders
- Extract and analyze data from multiple sources, including Crowdtangle, Google Analytics, Campaign Monitor, Tubular, and platform analytics (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Build, update, and maintain databases that ensure accurate and timely reporting of business KPIs and editorial performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to develop and measure experiments on editorial products
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Effectively building trust and communicating actionable insights with cross-functional stakeholders
- Being able to deliver reports and insights accurately in a timely manner
- Improving the feedback loops for editorial teams that can optimize the performance and impact of our editorial products
- Contributing to the data-informed culture of the team and the newsroom
- 1-2 years related experience in media, social media, or advertising companies
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, Conditional formatting, Data visualization, etc.)
- Experience using SQL to extract and transform data
- Experience with at least one of the following analytics and listening tools: Google Analytics, Crowdtangle, Chartbeat, Tubular, or platform analytics (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong intellectual curiosity, analytical mindset, and problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of The NowThis brand and mission
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Analytics, Statistics, Marketing, Journalism, or related fields) or equivalent work experience
NICE TO HAVES:
- Genuine interest in the ever-changing news, digital media, and social media industry
- Experience in data visualization and Business Intelligence tools (Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial mentality, scrappiness, willingness to get your hands dirty, and capability to quickly pick up new tools and skills
- Experience with programming languages like Python (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib) or R
- Foreign language skills (please indicate fluency or proficiency)
Why Work at Group Nine:
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging and relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis’ entertaining, inspiring and informative videos are created for a mobile generation and receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo and Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.