The role of the Senior Manager, Marketing Innovation is to support advertiser-driven sales and marketing initiatives across Group Nine. A key member of a client-facing team focused on winning the interest and confidence of our advertisers, this individual develops revenue-generating strategies focused on innovation and technology advancements within the digital and experiential worlds. The position reports directly to the Chief Creative Office and this individual will work closely with the Marketing, Creative and Product departments to research, scope and pitch new innovation solutions for our clients.This individual should also have a finger on the pulse of innovation industry-wide, as they will be responsible for identifying, securing, and nurturing relationships with both publishers and vendors to help expand and diversify our product offering.
The Senior Manager should be exceptionally detail-oriented, intellectually curious, a digital native, a team player, a technology enthusiast, a passionate fan of our brands, and show us how he/she can develop innovative and strategic solutions for our clients in ways that help build on Group Nine’s success story within technology.
- Research and present competitive analysis on the happenings of innovations across the Digital Publisher’s ecosystem.
- Develop quarterly big ideas rooted in product and technology innovations driven by marketplace trends and first-to-market innovations that our core Partners will want to integrate into their campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal teams to vet ideas with Product & Engineering, nail down costs, the media strategy, and innovation approaches.
- Create sales materials and packages alongside the Marketing teams to infuse into our RFP funnel.
- Partner with Sellers to present ideas to Clients.
- Our resident innovation expert: participating in all large pitches that have product innovation included.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of Marketing experience within the media industry, digital/social publishers or media/advertising agency.
- A presentation wizard. Strong Keynote, PowerPoint, and Photoshop skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as design aesthetic
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and new thinking
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.