We’re looking for a creative and design-savvy Social Video Producer/Editor to join The Dodo, within Group Nine Media!
As a member of the social team, you’ll create short form versions of our existing content for TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat to start, with the opportunity to source for and produce original short form videos in the future. You will also collaborate across teams in the creation of organic and sponsored social assets for our platforms. The ideal candidate is a digital native who’s obsessed with social and has a deep understanding of what makes content shareable. You can develop clever ideas and you have the technical skills to bring ideas to life.
You’ll be based in our New York office and report to our VP of Social.
The Social Producer will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit short form versions of new and existing content to optimize for Instagram, TikTok and YouTube Shorts
- Producing, editing and delivering video assets for Social, Marketing and PR including but not limited to Reels, Instagram Stories, sizzle reels, mash-ups and recuts
- Collaborate with our commerce team to create a short form video for social to drive affiliate sales
- Create content using a mix of Adobe Premiere and native platform features to supplement our core video programming. This includes identifying and sourcing compelling stories about animals by mining social media, building relationships, and communicating with an uploader
- Support our social team leads across all platforms with asset creation, scheduling support and project management
- Collaborate with our video team to ensure content is consistently being optimized according to platform best practices as they evolve.
- Identify trending formats that the team can utilize in their content
- Brainstorm and pitch opportunities for original affiliate videos
- Create unique, fun ideas for social content with an animal-first approach
- Identify when an area of focus isn't working and pivot
- Support social team in service of larger strategic needs when opportunities arise
- Develop a set of best practices across our social media channels and an understanding of our audiences; stay informed of video trends and use your findings to drive better production
Success Will Look Like:
- Taking a 360 degree approach to platform management, keeping our distribution strategy optimized with business goals and KPIs top of mind while also ideating and executing community management tactics to keep our audience engaged.
- Producing short-form social video that hits or exceeds The Dodo’s KPI’s on Instagram Reels
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player, taking initiative to drive projects forward, meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Being a solutions-focused team member who is consistently looking for ways to elevate The Dodo’s content and the brand as a whole
- 2+ years of relevant video editing experience with at least 1 year experience editing video on Adobe Premiere
- A deep understanding of social media platforms and what formats work on each. Must be an expert with each platform’s tools, how to use them creatively, and be able to create a compelling and cohesive story across several slides or in short form
- Flexible, self-motivated and happy to work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams and stakeholders
- A passion for The Dodo brand and all things digital and social
- An interest in using data and insights to evaluate the performance of social content and to guide future content and creative concepts
- Strong writing and communication skills coupled with a good eye for visual storytelling
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand and a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About The Dodo
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker to form Group Nine Media — the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.