Group Nine is seeking a Creative Operations Manager with video production knowledge and experience. An ideal candidate has a background in production management, line production, and/or similar production role and is looking to transition into production planning. Physical production is not a part of this role, though the experience will be very helpful in achieving success in the role. They will mainly be responsible for scoping and assessing video and design requests, fielding questions regarding the Video and Art Departments' product offerings, and facilitating process and lead time discussions during the RFP stage.
This role serves as the operational anchor for client-funded campaigns and special projects, working cross-functionally with creative production teams to successfully guide campaigns from pre-sale through post-sale. Building relationships and managing expectations are key parts of this role. The Creative Operations Manager must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be extremely organized and detail-oriented, highly responsive, and be comfortable working with executive level stakeholders across multiple departments.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments during the RFP stage to assess requirements of a video project to develop the scoping/planning/timelines, identify key milestones, and confirm list of deliverables
- Ensure all video, social, virtual event, and design campaigns are budgeted accurately and allow for enough lead time for post-sale production teams to execute successfully
- Work with post-sale teams to ensure a smooth transition of any projects from pre-sale to post-sale
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of and stay updated on the Video and Art Department’s offerings and capabilities
- Review concepts and determine whether it’s feasible. Provide an alternative execution plan if the concept is unachievable
- Manage expectations by clearly outlining assumptions and what is covered in the scope
- Liaise and facilitate discussions among the Art and Video Department leads, Sales teams, and Creative Operations team
- Support Director of Operations, Art Department, and Video Department Leads in developing and providing staffing plan recommendations
- Own updates to Brandshop’s playbook for the Art and Video Departments. Build out Brandshop's rate card in partnership with Brandshop Department Leads and Creative Operations team
- Develop processes and workflows to track and organize pre-sale requests
- Collaborate with members of the Creative Operations team and partner departments to develop a more efficient and accurate forecasting process
- Oversee execution for special projects by creating budgets, managing timelines, leading and facilitating meetings, and tracking deliverables to ensure proper execution of all program elements
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities. Share regular forecasting updates with Creative Operations team and Art and Video Department leads
- Evaluate the successes and challenges of requests during the RFP stage, gathering feedback from all involved parties. Review and use findings to continuously improve and build more efficient processes moving forward
- Support Creative Operations team members with additional operational tasks for Brandshop when bandwidth permits
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years experience in project management, production and/or production management, creative resourcing, or equivalent at an agency or studio
- Video production experience, either as a line producer, production manager, and/or producer.
- Thorough understanding of creative processes and timelines from brief through delivery
- High emotional intelligence, people-person, manages expectations well
- Skillful negotiator, strong collaborator, and resourceful problem solver
- A knack for identifying potential roadblocks and providing solutions along the way
- Process-oriented, but can easily adapt to a growing company with an evolving process
- Passionate and respectful of the creative process, acting as the supportive, solutions-oriented anchor within any execution
- Expert prioritization skills with ability to champion creative team to produce high-quality deliverables on time
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Seasoned in managing a high volume of work streams. Ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines concurrently
- Knowledge of no-code tools, such as Ceros, Splash, and Celtra preferred
- Experience using Google Suite, AirTable, and project management tools preferred
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.