We’re looking for an Associate Creative Designer/Editor to join The Dodo, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the creative team, you’ll design animated and static assets that help turn our series and other projects into recognizable, proprietary and obsessed-over IP. You’ll reimagine existing content for different platforms with platform functionality and audience experience in mind. And you’ll work across our three core brands: The Dodo, El Dodo, and Dodo Kids, designing assets for our general and spanish speaking audiences as well as our audience of kids aged 3-10. You’ll be based in our New York City office (with the option for remote) and report to our creative director.
The Associate Creative Designer/Editor will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You’ll work with existing series and content to help them have second and third lives on other platforms by repackaging and tweaking onscreen elements.
- Create and update branded templates with efficiency and workflow in mind for team use that feels true to The Dodo’s identity, but with modern, fresh twists that help each series come to life in a unique, delightful, surprising way
- Turn creative ideas, data and facts alike into fun, accessible visualizations
- Design and create bespoke assets for Dodo Kids videos, including overlays, transitions, and character designs and animations.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Being able to efficiently edit existing content into new formats that follow platform specific best practices for retention and performance
- Creating animated elements that lean into and bring out The Dodo’s existing voice and tone
- Creating easy to use templates to speed up existing workflows
- Completing assigned projects within their due date
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an animation or graphic design focused role with video editing experience
- Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and After Effects fluency
- Strong editorial instincts and a love of visual storytelling
- A love of the Dodo brand and voice and excitement about helping to bring the business to the next level
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About The Dodo
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker to form Group Nine Media — the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.