We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join The Dodo, within Group Nine Media!
As our Social Media Manager, you’ll lead all day-to-day operations of our main Facebook page with (46M followers), our 6 Facebook Watch pages, and our private Facebook groups, sweating both the small stuff -- e.g. scheduling distribution of posts -- while also having a bird’s eye view of how to build an audience, craft social copy that maintains our brand voice, optimize content and grow our audiences. You will also lead the strategy and distribution on our Twitter platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of our content and distribution strategy across The Dodo’s Facebook pages, including posting, scheduling, distribution and all community management efforts.
- Work closely with the editorial and video production teams to optimize content for Facebook
- Take the lead on refining our overall content and distribution strategy for Facebook, and help formulate tactical recommendations as the landscape evolves
- Report back to editorial teams about our strategy and how our content is stacking up against our goals
- Coordinate Facebook Live publishing
- Work with the Director of Analytics to develop benchmarks for success, report on platform insights, and relay data-backed ways content teams can improve
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of our Twitter channel, including thoughtfully curating our feed with videos and written content that will resonate with our audience, creating content calendars, writing social copy, and publishing content.
- Analyze performance from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective, and present platform-specific insights and trends with the broader team (through regular reporting as well as deep dive presentations); strive to continuously beat goals month-over-month to prove continuous success and growth
- Develop and execute a community management strategy across The Dodo's Facebook groups and pages, including but not limited to posting supplemental content, responding to The Dodo's audience, creating and posting Facebook Stories, and managing community moderators
- Work alongside editorial leadership to flag issues with video production output and come up with solutions to fill daily Facebook post slots when production is low.
- Stay laser-focused on monitoring revenue on your platforms, flagging dips and upticks, and always iterating our strategy to try to meet our goals
Success Will Look Like:
- Taking a 360 degree approach to platform management, striking the balance between being business minded with an ongoing focus on revenue while also being creative and strategic, leaning in to create community assets and staying close to our audience
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player, taking initiative to drive projects forward, meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Being a solutions-focused team member who is consistently looking for ways to elevate The Dodo’s content and the brand as a whole
- Deliver data-driven, creative and insightful solutions across platforms
- 3+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in social media community management, community building, social media strategies, and outreach
- A passion for The Dodo brand specifically and social media as a whole
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills are a MUST
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects without missing a beat, and a willingness to be flexible as the daily publishing calendar changes
- An aptitude for social media analytics, and the desire to connect data learnings to overall strategy in a meaningful way — writing weekly and monthly strategy reports will be central to this role!
- Experience with Facebook Insights and other third-party data reporting tools
- Someone who can think quick on their feet, work independently, and be resourceful when it comes to problem-solving, but who also loves to collaborate with a team
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About The Dodo
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker to form Group Nine Media — the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.