Group Nine is looking for a Senior Manager, Experiential Marketing. Candidates should possess an exceptional ability to craft engaging and innovative consumer experiences intended to drive wide-scale awareness for Group Nine brands (POPSUGAR, Thrillist, The Dodo, Seeker and NowThis) as well as our brand partners. Primary responsibilities of the role are to develop, plan and execute live and virtual events and offline experiences across Group Nine’s Portfolio of brands. This position will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful experiences that garner press, increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations and increase revenue. The role will work closely with editorial, sales, brand innovations, brand marketing, design and other internal teams. The candidate should be a strategic and creative thinker, an excellent collaborator and planner, with great attention to detail, as well as hold a proven track record for executing comprehensive experiential marketing programs that meet varied KPIs. Candidate should have strong relationships within the industry and a sophisticated understanding of pop culture and Millennial and GenZ markets. This role will be a key contributor to drive growth in experiential business across G9. Our ideal candidate is creative, organized, and has a strong skill set in event production and marketing, creative thinking and programming. Candidates must be highly organized, be able to think creatively and quickly, and approach unique challenges in bold new ways.
- 360 event management from ideation to real time execution
- Develop and manage assigned project budgets
- Lead individual new business efforts and client RFPs in conjunction with senior management
- Provide strategic and aesthetic oversight; evaluate and select creative, art and copy pertaining to event activations
- Strong budgeting, labor, and contract negotiation skills
- Play primary role in presentations and demonstrate high level competency in selling an idea, responding to questions and communicating G9’s point of view
- Work closely with integrated marketing, editorial, and sales to create and package tent pole event materials
- Review incoming creative briefs and other forms of project initiation to ensure team has essential information and sufficient time
- Responsible for overall quality and presentation of project work and effectively develop and communicate marketing strategies and creative standards
- Deliver both internal and client-facing proof of accomplishment
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, social media, and device landscape to inform all existing materials and/or inspire the development of new sales materials and experiences
- Proactively direct and manage multiple assignments on time and on budget
- Own postmortem ROI evaluation/event follow-ups
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years direct experience in production, experiential marketing or related field, developing campaigns and events that meet brand and/or client goals
- Experience in the RFP process
- Broad knowledge of permitting, fabrication, logistics, A/V, lighting, fire, and safety
- Strong local and national vendor relationships
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as an individual contributor when needed.
- Consistently calm, clear-headed leadership in high pressure situations and ability to effectively manage multiple projects, on time and within budget.
- Must have working knowledge of existing and emerging trends in fashion, music, media/entertainment, arts and pop culture. Experience working for a media brand or agency preferred.
- Experience directing a creative team with a collaborative approach to creative development
- Exceptional research, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Mastery of key software tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs and Google Sheets, etc., required to build, deliver, and manage event-marketing tools and collateral.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.