We’re looking for a Post Production Supervisor to join POPSUGAR, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Video + Audio team, you’ll oversee the post production of all editorial and sponsored content. You’ll be based in our Culver City, CA office and report to the Executive Producer. This role will be managing full-time and freelance post production support team, and be a key player in recruiting and hiring for the team in the future.
The Post Production Supervisor will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee daily Post operations of all our editorial and sponsored video and audio content, including:
- Social, short/ mid/ long-form formats, scripted, unscripted, In-studio production, on location shoots, Podcasts, Sizzles, and Live format shows
- Build and manage team of full-time and post production freelancers
- Maintain contacts with the best freelance talent, determine if/ when freelancers are needed, identify the right freelancers for the job and negotiate fair but favorable terms
- Work with IT to manage post-production equipment, technology, maintenance, and purchases
- Oversee planning, scheduling, workflow, and staffing for all shows and distribution strategies
- Assist our Creative Operations team in scoping for all forms of video content, balancing between the needs for outstanding creative execution and fiscal discipline
- Work with our producers and creatives to assure that all video content is delivered on-time, on-budget, with stellar-quality and in conformity within POPSUGAR and client creative requirements
- Ensure that post-production conforms to QC and tech deliver
- 8+ years experience in video production with at least  years experience in managing post-production in a digital publishing environment
- Deep understanding of the post-production process and workflow
- Experience with lower budget short-forms social asset formats and higher budget long-form series production for linear and streaming media
- Conversant with post-production process, equipment, and software, e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, DaVinci
- Conversant with or quickly able to learn project management applications like Slack, Airtable, and Wrike
- Knowledge of and passion for the POPSUGAR brand
- You are compassionate, collaborative, and transparent.
- You are a natural leader with integrity, strong organizational and prioritization skills, and industry networking skills. You are calm under pressure, speedy but not hasty, able to pay attention to detail, a tough but fair negotiator.
- You have the ability to grasp -- at once -- both creative material and the physical and financial implications of its execution; you can size up creative IP and work with Producers and Operations to adeptly steer it through the post-production process.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.