Group Nine Media is seeking a driven individual to join our Paid Social team. The Paid Social Strategist role is a full-time, mid to entry level position with a well-founded career path. This role will be based in New York at our SoHo HQ but are open to discussing working from a remote location.
To note: this position will be based in NYC but supporting our London team, so suggested working hours are 7:00am-3:00pm ET.
- You have experience executing large scale paid social media campaigns through multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
- You strive for flawless campaign delivery to clients
- You derive detailed and calculated insights from your campaign work
- You excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- You are an organized, detail-oriented individual
- You are driven, curious to learn more
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- Execute intricate paid social media campaigns across a variety of social media platforms
- Translate client requests into intelligent and successful campaign strategies
- Be well-versed in the targeting capabilities of social platforms
- Develop in-depth, streamlined reporting methods to present campaign performance
- Oversee setup, implementation and reporting of controlled A/B tests
- Assist in mentoring and training junior team members
- 1+ years experience developing and managing successful paid social media campaigns
- Must be able to work 7:00am-3:00pm ET to accommodate the London team
- Ability to problem solve, think critically, and deliver a consistent, premium product to clients
- Documented record of successfully executing multiple projects at once
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment that fosters a positive experience for teammates and ensures efficient performance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, especially with the ability to execute pivot tables and other various data presentations
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.