We’re looking for a Junior Video Editor to join the POPSUGAR video team, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the video team, you'll work with producers to create compelling short-form videos for distribution across social media platforms. You are passionate about creating videos that people want to share and you love working in a collaborative environment. We are looking for someone who is a fast, creative, highly organized editor who can handle the pressures of working on multiple projects at a time. You’ll be based in our Los Angeles office.
The Junior Video Editor will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create social video content for TikTok, Insta, Snapchat,YouTube, Facebook, Google, etc. from provided footage and VO
- Leverage final exports or raw footage of mid-long form editorial videos to create square/vertical social clips that drive views and engagement.
- Transcribe short and long form content for video and audio platform captions
- Develop compilations out of existing content for video platforms
- Help source and archive UGC and other found footage
- Ensuring all video content follows POPSUGAR Style Guide & editorial standards
- 2+ years of professional experience editing social and short form video content
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Suite, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, as well as G Suite Apps (Google Apps) & Slack
- Basic After Effects and Motion Graphics ability (more advanced skills a big plus)
- Ability to solve problems on your own and knowing when to escalate questions or issues
- Ability to efficiently use templates and follow guidelines so videos are consistently free of technical mistakes on all rounds
- Positive, ambitious, detail-oriented, and reliable person who is comfortable working independently or with a team when needed
- Has finger on the pulse of social format trends
- A genuine interest in POPSUGAR content categories and all things pop-culture
- Portfolio of work to share
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.