Group Nine Media is seeking a culturally-savvy Experiential Creative Director to join the rapidly growing Experiential Marketing Group. This role serves as the lead creative anchor for large-scale, client-funded experiences, working cross-functionally with Sales, Photo, Video, Copy, Design, Business Operations, Insights, Edit, Social, Talent, Client Services, Legal, Product teams and outside vendors to successfully execute brand tentpoles and custom events from kickoff through completion. The ideal candidate should be equal parts producer, strategist and creative director. This position will sit within the Experiential Marketing Group and will report into the SVP, Experiential Marketing, in NYC.
- Utilize the latest market trends in culture and technology to ideate, develop, market and execute one of a kind experiences unique to the Group Nine brands
- Build high-level experiential strategy and mission for G9 in partnership with internal leadership teams (i.e. building out Popsugar Playground 2022)
- Lead creation of thought leadership documents/decks (i.e. Experiential White Paper) in collaboration with internal teams
- Support SVP and work alongside appropriate teams to conceive of strategic, high-quality marketing and sales materials for 2021 slate of experiences
- Drive creative direction of experiences to continue to position Group 9 brands as the leader among its competitive set and set its virtual, hybrid and IRL experiences apart in a cluttered environment
- Advise on strategic partnerships as it relates to the experiential business
- Assist in further development of Database of Dreams for future experiences
- Respond and work on high and mid-tier RFP opportunities including:
- Joining brainstorms
- Ideating sellable opportunities
- Drafting compelling language
- Scoping projects
- Recommending necessary talent examples, venues, and/or other components when/if necessary
- Creating moodboards
- Overseeing artistic and copy direction of decks
- Support team on brainstorming ideas
- Support team on talent ideas
- Support team on partnership opportunities
- Work with team members to ensure high-level execution of virtual and IRL events
- Provide creative direction/feedback on sold events inclusive of, but not limited to: asset/promotion creation, logo design, moodboards, brand decks, staging sites, set design, fabrication, typography and more
- Draft copy, provide direction and feedback to create compelling storytelling and promotion driving interest around sold experiences
- When necessary produce IRL and/or virtual event in its entirety
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.