We’re looking for an Associate Director, Scripting to join Brandshop, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Scripting Team, you’ll collaborate with our writers to help create branded videos for campaigns across NowThis, the Dodo, Thrillist, Popsugar, and Seeker.
The Associate Director will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and distribute writer bandwidth across multiple campaigns
- Grow our database of writers based on scripting and project needs
- Steer creative decision making to balance G9 voice and tone with client benchmarks
- Write for multiple content formats and platforms
- When needed on larger projects, create treatment decks, write scripts, craft paper edits, and provide notes on cuts
- Collaborate across the department to find compelling storytelling solutions based on client asks
- Ensure the writing team addresses client needs while maintaining the integrity of our stories
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Consistently elevating our branded storytelling
- Growing a reliable team of writers capable of covering a variety of topics from different perspectives
- Ensuring all writers have a firm grasp on video production execution and process details
- Evolving existing storytelling formats and templates
- Delivering content with the right balance of client promotion and Group Nine values
- Fostering a team-first attitude in collaboration with all video department teams and the sales organization as a whole
- A minimum of three years of experience overseeing a creative team in digital media/TV & film industry
- The ability to write clean and concise copy across all digital media and social platforms
- Interpersonal skills that will engage a team and help shape the growth of their writing
- The time management skills required to put team members in the best position to succeed across multiple projects with multiple deliverables
- A collaborative attitude that can provide creative solutions for multiple stakeholders
- A big-picture business perspective to help balance creative challenges with client needs
NICE TO HAVES:
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Excel, AirTable, and other project management tools
- Familiarity with Google Slides, Keynote, and other presentation software apps
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.