We’re looking for a Producer to join the NowThis Social Video-News team, within Group Nine Media! Now. As a member of the News team, you’ll create compelling and informative short form videos around a variety of subjects, ranging from top stories in news & politics, to international coverage, as well as human interest, culture, sports, lifestyle, and viral trends.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Producer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pitching ideas for daily videos across a range of topics.
- Researching, scripting, and editing news videos, averaging 3-to-5 minutes in length.
- Identifying stories with a strong visual element.
- Identifying stories from a range of sources, from our in-house subscription services, to third party or user-generated content, to original storytelling concepts.
- Finding creative, visual ways to tell important stories that may not inherently have a strong visual element.
- Taking on assignments and delivering on a manager’s vision on stories they haven’t pitched themselves.
- Conducting Skype interviews with activists, candidates, lawmakers, online creators, and other individuals frequently covered in our news videos.
- Pitching, planning, and executing on occasional original field shoots.
- Brainstorming ways to add an extra layer of depth, sensitivity, or original storytelling to our standard style of news videos.
- Breaking down complex & important subject matter into short form text & visual content, without sacrificing factual accuracy or sensitivity.
- Accurately forecasting & executing on budgets; tracking expenses in a timely fashion.
- Managing priorities and workload effectively to meet deadlines daily.
- Ensuring all video content follows NowThis's newsroom Style Guide & editorial standards.
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player; taking initiative in looking for ways to elevate NowThis’ content & brand as a whole.
- 3+ years of newsroom experience.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
- Strong research, writing, and storytelling abilities.
- An understanding of how content is consumed on the internet and why certain videos go viral.
- A genuine enthusiasm for short form video as a medium and for covering daily stories in a 24/7 news cycle.
- Interest and experience in a wide range of subject matter
- Familiarity with the style, voice, and values of NowThis as a digital outlet.
- The ability to balance multiple competing projects, of varying length or deadlines.
- Experience cultivating original sources
- Experience securing all necessary legal clearances & releases from subjects, locations, and/or third party licensors