We’re looking for an Editor, Voices to join POPSUGAR, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Voices team, you’ll support our growing freelance program creating content on our Living sites (Food, Home, Love & Sex, Smart Living, Tech, and Money & Career). If you are excited about finding new voices to highlight, working with writers to make their content shine, and collaborating with a fast-paced team, we want to talk to you!
Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for all things lifestyle, a knack for organization, an analytical eye, and experience with SEO-driven content. You’ll be based in our New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles office and report to our Senior Editor, Voices.
The Editor, Voices will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead content strategy for our freelancer program on POPSUGAR Smart Living, Home, Food, Love & Sex, Tech, and Money & Career with a heavy emphasis on SEO
- Assign and edit a high volume of lifestyle content from our pool of over 1,000 freelance contributors
- Evaluate story pitches and submissions from contributors, and choose the best content to be featured on POPSUGAR
- Recruiting diverse voices to feature on the site, assigning and editing opinion pieces, features, and personal essays on trending topics and pop culture
- Consider analytics and previous successes to pitch strategic, winning story ideas
- Work with contributor network to troubleshoot and answer questions as needed
- Work closely with other team members on daily coverage and weekly/monthly editorial themes and planning around upcoming seasonal themes
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Exercising sound judgment in assignments and editing
- Focusing in growing our SEO referral traffic
- Expanding the freelance voices, as well as subjects and topics featured on our Living sites
- Partnering successfully with Living team to execute daily, weekly, and monthly content plans around upcoming seasonal themes
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy and working with freelance writers
- A true love and knowledge of all things lifestyle
- Ability to translate site data into actionable content direction
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- HTML is required and Photoshop skills is a plus
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with SEO tools, specifically Google Trends and Google Search Console
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- A network of freelance writers they’d like to bring to POPSUGAR
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the perfect fit for POPSUGAR.
POPSUGAR Inc. is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR; its quarterly subscription box, POPSUGAR Must Have; its makeup line, Beauty by POPSUGAR; and the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl's. POPSUGAR delivers positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine’s mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critic’s Choice, among others.