Group Nine is currently seeking an Analyst to join our Research & Measurement team. The analyst will help us understand audiences, content engagement, as well as performance and brand impact on our advertiser campaigns. The Analyst will work closely with both the Research and larger Insights teams at Group Nine, as well as with our Ad Sales, Marketing and Account Strategy teams.
Responsibilities will include providing audience data to support the sales pitch phase and advise content decisions, designing ad effectiveness brand studies that align with advertiser goals for their campaign(s), monitoring brand studies to look for areas to optimize performance, vetting and managing day-to-day execution with 3rd party research vendors, and working directly with insights, teams within the sales org., and occasionally with stakeholders across our management teams.
- Review month-to-month reach & viewership across our media properties, build resource reports for external teams to reference
- Design, execute and oversee all ad campaign brand studies and audience reports that go to clients, sellers, sales marketing, or company leadership
- Work with 3rd-party research providers, ad ops, social distro, and research team to execute and report on ad impact studies across all suitable branded content campaigns
- Support Ad Sales team with 1st and 3rd party audience data to pitch advertisers on the Group Nine consumer across all our brands and media portfolio
- Partner on custom research studies, collaborating with other team members to develop surveys, program studies for delivery, and analyze incoming results
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, math, psychology, or another quant/analytical field preferred
- 1-2 years of work experience (or academic equivalent) in a data-driven or advertising-focused media role
- Comfortable working in a data-driven environment built around media, tech, advertising, and market research
- Ability to interpret data, tell a story, provide actionable insights, and use text and/or visual displays to illustrate ideas
- Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and Keynote proficiency
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and face challenges, creative and critical thinking skills
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Verbal and written communication skills, an ability to take complex information and simplify it for broader audiences
- Knowledge of brands, marketing, and advertising
- Proficiency (as a user) in various social media and video platforms
- Organizational skills and an eye for developing intelligent workflows and process
- High attention to detail, ability to organize and maintain data sets securely
- Demonstrates ability to be strategic, analytical, and tactical
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus
- Experience with online research & analytics tools including Comscore, Nielsen, Kantar, Facebook Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, MOAT, DoubleVerify, etc. a plus
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.