Talent Acquisition Partner (Creative/Newsroom): reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, you are a talent aficionado with experience finding, attracting, and hiring candidates within the creative and newsroom space. You understand the importance of an excellent candidate experience and you strive to keep the recruiting process fast, efficient, and human at all stages. You're a true business partner to hiring managers and company leaders.
A typical week includes
- Owning full lifecycle talent acquisition process
- Working closely with hiring managers to meet hiring goals and expectations
- Proactively identifying and assessing talent using a variety of sourcing methodologies
- Preparing offers, creating strategic closing plans, negotiating compensation packages, and ultimately hiring candidates
Success will look like...
- Speed of hire: you know that an open seat means lost productivity and capability within a given team, so you move quickly and can prioritize your requisition load
- Buy-in: you have strong relationships and a deep understanding across the entire Group Nine business
- Great judgment: you get the right person matched with the right role every time
- Trust: your co-workers can count on you and leaders want to work with you
The next great Recruiter will have...
- Industry Experience: you are a seasoned recruiter, preferably with a combination of agency and in-house experience
- Prior Success: your track record of closing candidates, working in an ATS (preferably Greenhouse), headhunting, and pipeline building is a mile long
- Passion: you have an affinity for the Group Nine brands and get excited about the work you do. On top of that, your energy is contagious
- Interpersonal Skills: you have a track record of relationship-building and collaboration across functions and levels, not to mention you are a master of candidate relationships
- Problem Solving Mentality: there’s no such thing as a problem because you are adept at generating creative solutions in the moment
- Strong Work Ethic: you put in the time and energy it takes to get the job done. You’re comfortable leading and prioritizing multiple initiatives in parallel in order to deliver results successfully
- Agility: you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented environment, and are motivated by challenges, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and processes
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.