We’re looking for a Supervising Social Producer who will create and oversee video content for lifestyle, beauty, wellness, entertainment, and pop culture for our social channels at POPSUGAR, within Group Nine Media! Our ideal candidate holds their work to high performance standards, and can manage a team to do the same. They have their finger on the pulse of emerging and current trends, news, brands, and the skills to effortlessly bring them to life in video across Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat as needed. This candidate can seamlessly manage a variety of projects and is a natural leader. They have experience working with big brands and the ability to marry our partners’ objectives with the POPSUGAR voice. This is a full-time position based in our LA or NY office and reporting to POPSUGAR’s executive producer. This role will be managing several junior and mid-level producers and contributors, and be a key player in recruiting and hiring for the team in the future.
The Supervising Social Producer will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values: Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a small team of creative producers who focus on TikTok, Snapchat, Google Stories, and other emerging social video platforms and formats, from development through launch
- Pitch social content strategies and new series ideas, and share input on daily programming and one-off topics, for which you may write scripts, shoot and upload content, and share guidance and feedback
- Know how to light, shoot, and edit small production content (iPhone/DSLR), as well as use in-app camera and editing tools
- Build and manage a content calendar that sets creative strategy, content launch cadence, production timelines, and team assignments
- Maintain a deep understanding of all social platform performance best practices, and actively continuing to educate the team
- Work with major brands; in addition to editorial content, you may also produce client-funded content. Must be confident and skilled being client-facing as a representative of POPSUGAR
- Contribute to, engage with, and brainstorm ideas for all POPSUGAR social video accounts
- Conduct regular 1:1’s and team meetings to set expectations, manage performance, accept and provide feedback, and continue to elevate skills
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Growing POPSUGAR’s social following and distributed revenue across social platforms
- Motivating and inspiring a team of producers and contributors to chase shared goals and ambitious KPIs
- Creating compelling, on-brand content that plays forward our best practices and grows our audience base
- Inspiring and motivating staff –– both junior and senior –– to think outside the box and constantly innovate creative and strategy
- At least 5+ years of hands-on relevant experience in video/social production
- Experience producing content for short-form social platforms (Snapchat, TikTok, and/or Instagram) and understand how to produce and optimize vertical content
- Must be comfortable on set and in the field, and demonstrate tact and professionalism around celebrity guests and brand partners
- Strong writing and communication skills
- An understanding of the social video production process, tools, and landscape
- A genuine passion for social media content creation and it’s innovation
- At least 2+ years experience managing people and direct them towards a common goal
- Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity and accountability
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in branded and sold content
- A personal passion for and experience producing pop-culture-, entertainment-, and style-specific content
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.