We’re looking for an Associate Video Editor / Producer to join The Dodo’s Kids Programming Team within Group Nine Media. As a member of The Dodo’s Kids Team, you’ll be a key creator and contributor to Dodo Kids: our award winning brand and YouTube channel with stories that help kids fall in love with animals. This is a hands-on role requiring you to be equal parts storyteller and producer, responsible for the entire creative and production process: researching, scripting, directing, and editing episodes for our series. You’ll report into the Associate Managing Producer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with our team of passionate storytellers to create and produce episodes for our kids video series, like Rescued!, Best Animal Friends, and more.
- Research, pitch, and script age-appropriate and compelling stories for kids that match our voice and brand
- Edit episodes in a dynamic style across a range of different formats and approaches: dramatic, factual, and comedic
- Come up with new ideas for series and one-off videos and collaborate with the creative team to turn these into viable formats
- Incorporate feedback and data into your creative work, taking note of what works for our audience (and what doesn’t) and help us build a robust set of best practices
- Help write headline copy and direct visual packaging to position videos for success on digital platforms
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Regularly creating videos for our series that meet or exceed our creative and audience standards
- Collaborating seamlessly with teammates on the Kids Programming Team and across The Dodo, accepting (and offering) constructive, respectful feedback, and valuing and contributing to a shared Dodo Kids voice and style
- Surprising and delighting our audience with new approaches to our storytelling, making them laugh and lifting spirits, and helping kids everywhere fall in love with animals
- At least 1 year experience creating and editing narrative video
- Strong creative, written, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A love of animals and interest in kids programming
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About The Dodo
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker to form Group Nine Media — the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.