GROUP NINE is seeking a talented, hard-working, innovative, pixel-perfect Freelance Visual Designer to join Brandshop’s Art Department. The Visual Designer will be responsible for creating unique and compelling designs for a large range of projects, verticals, and brand initiatives. This person will work closely with other designers, art directors, and cross-functional teams to achieve design goals across all projects.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create visually engaging, innovative, and functional designs and experiences for branded content, social, and sales materials
- Ideate, concept, and execute on pre-sale materials and mocks to support sales team:
logos, branded content experiences, social mocks, photo mood boards, etc.
- Produce work that aligns with designated style guides for clients and internal teams
- Build branded Keynote and Google Slides decks, working off templates
- Keep working files organized and follow best practices for file prepping/delivery
- Update and/or prep existing Adobe files for clients and export graphics for use on web, print, or in video
Idea generation and teamwork:
- Attend weekly creative meetings and brainstorms
- Take design direction from lead designers and art directors to improve visual composition
- Contribute new ideas for design treatments, planning, and strategy with the team
- Expert in design trends and editorial layout
- Passion for photography and strong eye for composition
- Keep up with news, technology, and content in media landscape
- Interest in beauty, culture, fashion, and lifestyle
- Professional and collaborative communication style across teams
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of design work
NOTE: Candidates who do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected
- 3-4 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Degree in Graphic Design or relevant experience
- Creative with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Passionate about design and committed to making beautiful work!
- Excellent typography/composition skills. Hand lettering and/or illustration skills are a plus!
- Exceptional work ethic
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Loves to collaborate and work with a large team
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Keynote, Google Slides
- Experience with Ceros, Splash, or Celtra is a plus but not required
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to changing digital landscape
This is a 10-week contract role with an opportunity for extension following successful completion of the initial term. Must be able to work remotely, with the opportunity to work on site in the future.