Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected, category-defining brands that matter right now. The Brand Marketing team is dedicated to partnering with our brands and the Ad Sales Organization to build and execute best in class programming and marketing programs.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join the Brand Marketing team to support both our pre-sale and post-sale business across G9. This internally-focused role will lead the ideation, development and execution of sponsorable edit-led programs, encompassing written content, video, experiential/events, talent, audio and more. We welcome candidates that are proficient in sales material creation, creative problem solving, and partnering with teams of editors, producers, and marketers to bring together separate components that tell a full story. We’re looking for someone who wants to join a next-gen media company reaching today’s modern family.
The Senior Manager will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Report into the Senior Director of Brand Marketing
- Oversee pre-and post-sale business across POPSUGAR and The Dodo focusing on turnkey ($150K+) and larger editorial programs ($500K+).
- Create materials and media plans supporting evergreen franchises and new seasonal tentpoles and launches, working with Edit, Ad Product Solutions, Engineering, Design, and Creative (when appropriate)
- Partner with the Senior Director on materials and plans for edit-led programming and brand initiatives ($1MM+)
- Route daily Sales requests to POPSUGAR and The Dodo Editorial team, translating needs and feedback, and getting necessary approvals
- Act as the main POC for Industry Marketing, assisting with the creation and consistent updating of the POPSUGAR and The Dodo general presentations and category decks
- Attend weekly meetings with Senior Director and POPSUGAR and The Dodo editorial POCs
- Attend RFP brainstorms sessions at $250K+ level, acting as editorial authority and sharing edit-led ideas with Brand Partners and Marketing Strategy teams
- Manage and update sales resources to ensure teams have access to and knowledge of the latest rollouts, sold programs, and Brand Marketing news, i.e. deploy monthly team newsletter, reservation calendar,
- Work with the Sales execution team and Editorial team on sold editorial sponsorships, ensuring all editorial commitments are being delivered on time and in adherence to brand guidelines
- Manage quality control and supporting the Ad Sales org, as well as, the brand orgs in our mission to deliver creative excellence and client service.
- Ensure the brand vision and tactical elements for sponsored programs - creative, content, promotion and distribution - aligns with the agreed upon strategy and client scope
- Lead program kick-off meetings as the central representation for the execution of a program activating teams and communicating deliverables to relevant stakeholders
- Attend internal kick-off meetings for executions at the $150k-$500k level deals
- Act as main POC for $1MM+ edit-led sold opportunities
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Develop proactive, brand-led opportunities that are strategic & creative, tapping into industry trends and audience insights that deliver scale & influence through brand differentiation and audience acquisition/retention
- Develop and monetize new brand-led opportunities that deliver effective brand solutions on multiple platforms across POPSUGAR and The Dodo
- Create materials that demonstrate excellent written and visual storytelling to bring to life brand voice and marketplace need to drive client interest and revenue
- Create a more seamless execution process - identify problems, plug holes, and troubleshoot solutions in real-time to ensure a seamless and successful program
- Effectively build trust and strong relationships with editorial teams and the Sales Org
- Minimum of (6) years of experience specific area/role OR in related field/function - Prior branded content project management or production experience within a digital media environment across one or more brands
- Knowledge and practical application of sales x digital publishing process: RFP cycle, deck creation, packaging & pricing, post-sale production execution across written, video, experiential & social media
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and ever changing business environment - adept at running concurrent projects and priorities
- Upbeat, highly collaborative and solution oriented
- Strong written communication and process management skills - demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working at a publisher with a union environment
- A portfolio of past creative project examples
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.