Senior Manager, Brand Marketing at Thrillist
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Brand Marketing at Thrillist
OFFICE LOCATION: NYC
Thrillist is your guide to “experience culture.” In 2022, we’re continuing to redefine what it means to connect to the best of food, drink, travel, and local culture in purposeful ways that support communities. Central to our roadmap is a Senior Manager of Brand Marketing who can lead the development and packaging of brand-building initiatives that encompass written content, video, events, talent, audio — and more.
This individual is the strategic and creative anchor that bridges the gap between Editorial and Sales, leading the development of groundbreaking programs that articulate Thrillist’s brand vision in a way that resonates with our advertiser community. While this individual is largely focused on pre-sale (i.e. creative development, deck building, packaging, and pitching), they will also assist in transitioning key programs to post-sale and providing oversight from end to end.
We welcome candidates that are creative collaborators, organized, with strong written, verbal and visual storytelling abilities. Marketers with an inclusive mindset and passion for culture to the front of the line!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create marketing materials for Thrillist’s always-on editorial franchises and sponsorship offerings.
- Support Senior Director of Brand Marketing in the development of larger tentpole programs.
- Manage a central Thrillist Sales Sponsorship Calendar, ensuring all materials and selling information is up to date.
- Manage a daily Editorial / Sales Approvals Tracker, vetting and scoping sponsor pitches through relevant Thrillist editorial vertical leads.
- Manage monthly newsletter with Thrillist brand and editorial updates distributed to the wider Sales organization.
- Proactively ideate and develop new editorial programs and IP in collaboration with Thrillist leadership.
- Partner with Ad Product Solutions to scope and package all editorial offerings into market-facing media plans.
- Consult with Thrillist Audience Development teams to gather insights that drive future campaign strategy.
- Attend sales pitches and client meetings to speak to the Thrillist brand voice and editorial programming.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Find clarity amidst ambiguity to translate raw editorial ideas into game-changing marketing programs.
- Produce a high volume of new programs and offerings on a quarterly basis, without sacrificing quality.
- Develop equal trust with the editors/creatives as with sales, so all parties see you as a credible resource and ally.
- Prior marketing strategy experience within a digital media environment.
- Direct experience building marketing materials and designing presentation decks (Keynote highly preferred).
- Strong ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Great communication, collaboration, and attention to detail.
- An interest in digital advertising and specifically, branded content.
- Process-oriented, but can easily adapt to a growing company with an evolving process.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Interest and curiosity for all things experience culture: food, drink, travel, local.
- A portfolio or case studies of relevant projects you’ve helped spearhead from a strategic perspective.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.