Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected, category-defining brands that matter right now. The Agency Development team aims to drive Group Nine’s strategic initiatives and revenue growth with Agency Holding Companies.
We’re looking for an Associate Director to join the Agency Development team to deepen and grow relationships at the holding companies and agencies through pro-active and strategic business-building opportunities. The role’s purpose is to educate and inform the agency marketplace about Group Nine’s offerings and services including but not limited to, innovative technology, content programs and media solutions.
This individual must have deep expertise in digital media and this person will work and liaise with a variety of teams at Group Nine, including Sales, Insights, Brand Marketing, Industry Marketing, etc. The Associate Director is responsible for analysis, storytelling, client-facing presentations & communication.
We welcome candidates that are proactive, creative problem solvers, comfortable with partnering with various teams. We’re looking for someone who wants to join a next-gen media company reaching today’s modern family.
The Associate Director will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with sellers to uncover and create & package up a pipeline of proactive & strategic tentpoles & opportunities that ultimately influence and drive Group Nine revenue.
- Shape & share innovative technology, content and media solutions by working closely with G9 internal stakeholders (Product, Research/Insights, Sales, Marketing, etc.) for Holding Co & Agency teams.
- Partner with SVP on Strategic Plan for assigned Agency Holding Companies and Agencies.
- Look for ways to optimize for Group Nine’s revenue growth through regular analysis of assigned Agency revenue and their business.
- Partner with SVP on the content and presentation of Agency quarterly business reviews (QBR’s), education initiatives, innovation road shows, etc.
- Act as day-to-day contact with EP and other cross-brand teams (Research, Programmatic, Experiential, Culture, etc.) teams at Holding Companies.
- Create, Manage, & Update Rate Card, Spend Trackers, and all other collateral & materials requested by Agency & holding Company teams and those to enhance partnerships internally & externally.
- Manage & set up Agency & Holding Company wide products (PMPs, first looks, etc.)
- Be an Ambassador and represent Group Nine at Holding Company/Agency events and senior executive meetings to demonstrate Group Nine product/capabilities that drive strategic opportunities.
- Become an Internal communication champion, ensuring that Sales and the Agency Development Lead are coordinated and efforts are in sync on a continuous basis.
- Lead the creation of joint research projects with assigned Agencies.
- Enjoy developing Holding Company/Agency executive relationships.
- “Get” agencies – their structure, economics, processes, roles, clients.
- 7+ years’ experience in the advertising industry having agency, client-side, business development, and/or sales experience.
- Ability to think strategically, understanding marketer needs and creatively translating these needs into compelling concepts and programs.
- Proven ability to drive results, as well as create and sell-in innovative solutions to customers
- Proven ability to simplify and package complex product offerings for appropriate audiences.
- Ability to handle many initiatives simultaneously and prioritize according to meeting revenue goals
- Understanding of and experience with all things digital advertising; programmatic, mobile, video, content, etc.
- Adept at creating marketing materials and presenting those materials in rooms small and big.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Associate Director of Agency Development reports directly to the SVP of Agency Development & Services and sit within the Strategy Org.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.