The Senior AE of G9 Direct will be responsible for securing new performance marketing focused clients. G9 Direct is currently in its launch phase and early performance is highly encouraging generating significant return on ad spend for a diverse set of advertisers. This business will have its foothold within the Direct Response category and these senior sellers will be directly responsible for growing our G9 Direct book of business.
The Senior AE, G9 Direct will solely focus on onboarding new direct response advertisers and work closely with our Paid Social, Account Strategy and Design teams once campaigns are sold.
- Prospect and pitch new direct response advertisers building a healthy pipeline that scales with internal capacity.
- Act as key externally facing point of contact for all direct response advertisers leading the initial pitch, on-boarding, and customer success efforts.
- Coordinate with the Director of G9 Direct to ensure go to market materials are maximized for client conversion.
- Partner with the internal team to identify upsell opportunities among existing clients.
- 3+ years of inside sales experience working within a performance marketing agency and/or a sales organization focused on inside sales (Podcasting, etc).
- Experience working at or with direct response advertisers in a growth marketing capacity.
- Experience leading successful new business development pitches.
- Experience consulting on conversion-based creative and campaigns.
- Familiarity with ad product offerings from leading social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snap, and Tik Tok.
- Fluent in the language of performance marketing.
- Passionate about social media and digital marketing.
- Analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.