We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join the Publishing & Insights team at NowThis within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Publishing & Insights team, you’ll drive audience growth and engagement across multiple social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, & Instagram) by scheduling content, writing copy, and monitoring content and channel performance. You will report to the Director of Social Media.
The Social Media Manager will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values: Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close, and Win Together.
We are able to hire those residing in the following states:
CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, IL, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NY, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, and VT
A TYPICAL WEEK LOOKS LIKE:
- Manage all aspects of social distribution, including scheduling content, community management, and optimizing posts for engagement and search
- Maintain NowThis editorial voice in headlines and copywriting across multiple verticals and platforms
- Monitor performance analytics and social media trends
- Work with with Director of Social Media to schedule and promote editorial-sponsored content across all platforms
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Effectively building trust and strong relationships with Editorial, including producers and team leads
- Working closely with Director of Social Media to ensure copywriting meets NowThis editorial standard
- Being available to help in the case of breaking news and tentpole event coverage
THE NEXT GREAT SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER WILL HAVE:
- 2+ years experience running a social media account for a newsroom, agency, or brand
- Strong grammar and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with social publishing tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Flexibility – we’re a newsroom, and breaking news doesn’t always happen during traditional business hours
THE NEXT GREAT SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER WOULD IDEALLY HAVE:
- Foreign language skills (please indicate fluency or proficiency)
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging and relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis’ entertaining, inspiring and informative videos are created for a mobile generation and receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo and Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.