The Ad Ops Campaign Manager will be responsible for ensuring the strategy, trafficking setup, and delivery of Group Nine Media’s direct digital marketing campaigns throughout our brand websites, newsletters, and across our content partner distribution landscape. In addition to supporting the day-to-day operational needs of the Sales and Account Management team, this individual will design and consult on campaign setup to help reach and execute our clients media KPIs. This position is remote, with the option to work east or west coast hours.
Success in this role requires strong analytical, problem-solving, and people skills. The ability to be solution-oriented and to communicate effectively at multiple levels both internally and within client agency businesses is essential. The individual should be self-motivated, have the ability to work both independently and in teams, and balance a workload that consists of detail-oriented digital campaign execution processes. Attention to detail and the ability to remain focused under pressure are key capabilities in this role.
A typical week includes:
- Utilize 3rd party ad tags ranging from simple creative setups, including standard desktop display, mobile, and 1x1 tracking, to more intricate creative setups, including but not limited to video, native, and custom creative to accurately traffic and manage media execution across sites and platforms.
- Consistently deliver thorough campaign and creative QA and troubleshooting services for ad-hoc internal and client tagging, tracking, and reporting issues.
- Become the expert on our internal site specs and product offerings.
- Translate marketing requirements into technical solutions and requirements and vice versa.
- Collaborate with multiple departments such as Ad Tech Product Engineers, Editorial Assistants (EAs), and Designers to execute and monitor all custom elements per campaign.
- Reconcile billable media for all activations across platforms.
- Provide process improvements and recommendation; translate business strategy and requirements into operational requirements; keep detailed documentation on various processes for team development.
The ideal AdOps Campaign Manager candidate will have:
- Business-minded with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 1+ years of experience with DFP/Google Ad Manager, as well as experience with other 3rd party ad serving and tracking systems including DCM/DFA, Verification and Brand Safety vendors: MOAT, DoubleVerify (DV), Integral Ad Science (IAS) etc. preferred.
- Familiarity with audience segmentation technologies and capabilities
- Working knowledge of programmatic operations and strategy is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management.
- Self-sufficient problem solver.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, and thrive in an extremely fast-paced, detail and deadline-oriented environment.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.