We’re looking for a Chief of Staff to join our Executive team, within Group Nine Media. As a member of the Executive team, you’ll attend critical meetings within the Company and work directly with the CEO and management team to create and streamline processes and communications, and bring cross-functional projects to fruition in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be based in our New York office and report to the CEO.
The Chief of Staff will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategic advisor and counsel to the CEO, helping to drive forward the strategic initiatives of the Company
- Serve as an information funnel and filter to keep CEO priorities focused and moving along
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success; find the gaps across the company and take the lead on filling them
- Act as a gatekeeper, ensuring CEO’s involvement in a project at the precise right moment
- Support CEO in delivering timely working communications including drafting professional emails and sharing follow ups with key stakeholders.
- Draft company correspondence, reports, board decks, and presentations in coordination with and guidance from the CEO and Chief Communications Officer.
- Manage the meeting cadence for the board of directors and leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team to drive strategic vision of the Company, jumping in when necessary
- Manage preparation and prioritization of day-to-day projects and tasks, evaluating opportunities and determining priorities within the schedule.
- Support SPAC process, coordinating between Group Nine, bankers, and lawyers; ensure timely communication between investors and board of directors.
- Support key leaders on any due diligence work
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, lead by example, and motivate teams through both in-person and remote management
- You exude the confidence to speak on behalf of the CEO, but the awareness to gauge when it is appropriate to do so
- You run at problems with urgency, data, and curiosity
- You are proactive in strategies to help the CEO be more effective
- You have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience in a business, consulting, or executive management role
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines and quickly shifting priorities
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven experience organizing and directing across multiple teams and departments
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong need to learn and improve
- Impeccable follow-through, details oriented, highly resourceful
- Direct communicator, and able to cater your communications to different audiences
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Proficiency in Keynote and G Suite Applications
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, empathy, and sound judgment to your work and collaboration with others, making you a trusted colleague and go-to partner.
- Executive presence, presentation, and storytelling
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news and politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.