Group Nine Media is looking for a Client Services Manager to join our Client Services Group in Chicago. This position will serve as a partner to Sales, overseeing the execution of high-touch custom advertising campaigns in post-sale. The Client Services Manager is ultimately responsible for liaising with internal teams (editorial, product, video, photo, experiential, etc.) to ensure campaign expectations and contractual obligations are met. Throughout the course of production, the CSM serves as the main point of contact for clients and as the internal customer advocate, from creative development to the go-live date.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client-facing skills, have thorough training in creative production, and be able to lead a campaign from start to finish while acting as the client-facing representative of G9. You will have a knack for simplifying and communicating production language to brand partners and feedback to internal G9 teams, and will ensure the expectations of both are met.
This position will sit within the Client Services Group and will report into the Senior Manager, Client Services in Chicago.
- Communicate all aspects of creative development, for all custom campaign elements, to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Provide best-in-class “white glove” client service to advertisers and all other G9 teams through great communication about the campaign and expectations throughout the duration of a campaign.
- Be the expert on campaign elements, serving as the single point of contact for the client.
- Ensure integration elements in sponsored content are clearly communicated to the client and creative team, and ultimately delivered as promised.
- Oversee production from all teams to ensure all elements of a campaign are running smoothly.
- Simplify production language for the client, and clearly articulate client and sales feedback and expectations back to internal G9 teams.
- Proactively troubleshoot all campaign concerns/hiccups for the client, including being able to diagnose an internal problem properly and seek out solutions that cater to both the client and the G9 brand values.
- Distribute all client feedback directly to other internal G9 teams and in a way that provides context and clear direction.
- Be the liaison for the client on-set or the client’s eyes and ears when they can not be there.
- Oversee campaign wrap-ups, working with Sales Insights on crafting the campaign success story including recommendations for upselling and repeat business.
- Minimum 2-4 years working with a digital media company or digital agency in a client-facing role.
- Must have a thorough understanding and training of the creative post-sale production process.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional public speaking skills + willingness to lead a room of creatives and clients
- A background working with and leading communication with internal teams and brands
- Superb people skills: must be able to calmly interface with people throughout G9, as well as brands and agencies.
- Must enjoy and thrive working in a fast-paced, multitasking, deadline-oriented dynamic environment, including the ability to maintain high energy under pressure.
- A passion for the G9 brands and an understanding of the topics and trends we cover.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.