Group Nine Media is looking for an Account Strategist to work in tandem with a Brand Partner to strategically develop new business and subsequently oversee execution in post-sale. The Account Strategist is ultimately responsible for orchestrating internal resources to ensure campaign expectations and contractual obligations are met, as well as acting as the client advocate within the editorial, product, production and business operations teams. From building the media plan through campaign delivery and wrap, this role will be the main client point of contact for advertising initiatives, including media elements, custom branded elements, and sponsored editorial.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client-facing skills, have a thorough understanding of digital media, and be able to lead large-scale campaigns from start to finish while acting as a representative of G9. You will have a knack for communicating efficiently and effectively under pressure to our clients and internal G9 teams, while ensuring the expectations of both are met.
This position will report into a Senior Account Strategist.
- Create media plans and help shepherd deals from pre-sale to close
- Lead conversations with legal regarding terms and usage rights for all campaigns
- Provide best-in-class “white glove” client service to advertisers through great communication and properly setting expectations
- Be the expert on all aspects of a campaign serving as the main point of contact for clients, sales and internal execution teams
- Ensure client integration elements are clearly communicated to the client and creative team, and ultimately delivered as promised
- Oversee production and delivery from all teams to ensure all elements of a campaign are running smoothly
- Digest and articulately relay feedback and expectations to client and internal G9 teams
- Proactively troubleshoot internal and external campaign concerns and seek out solutions that cater to both the client and the G9’s best interests
- Confidently forecast the launch of a campaign and communicate any risk to revenue to internal teams
- Partner closely with Project Manager on internal operations to gain internal approvals and develop timelines
- Partner closely with Business Operations team to monitor media implementation, pacing, and performance to ensure we deliver the campaign in-full
- Present campaign performance reports including delivery, optimizations, insights, and program recommendations including mid-campaign and wrap reports
- Minimum 2 years working with a digital media company or digital agency in a client-facing role
- Strategic thinker and solution-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Public speaking skills and ability to lead a room
- A background working with and leading communication with internal teams
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- A passion for the G9 brands and desire to help grow our business
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?
POPSUGAR Inc. is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR; its quarterly subscription box, POPSUGAR Must Have; its makeup line, Beauty by POPSUGAR; and the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl's. POPSUGAR delivers positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine’s mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critic’s Choice, among others.