Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment), POPSUGAR, (the no. 1 female lifestyle brand) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
Group Nine Media is looking for a strategic Account Executive to be based in our Chicago office. This individual is a smart, dynamic and creative person who is passionate about the Group Nine Media brands. This person will be an integral member of the Midwest sales team with a proven track record of acquiring new business and building/maintaining client relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build strategy and implement tactics to produce revenue
- Meet and exceed annual targets
- Build strong client relationships through exceptional customer service, integrity, and professionalism.
- Create collaboration both internally and externally
- Consistently develop and grow strategic partnerships with brands focusing on engagement and connecting with their consumers.
- Meetings, entertaining, and some travel are required.
- 6-9 years of selling online advertising experience
- Ideal candidate will have existing client and agency relationships within the financial services, tech and CPG verticals within the Midwest territory
- Quality relationships with leading advertising agencies and national brands
- Excellent people skills and relationship-building abilities
- Must be able to think strategically, leverage research, understanding marketer needs and creatively translating these needs into compelling concepts and programs
- Experience creating complex, targeted and customized advertising proposals for large customers and agencies
- Proven track record in achieving sales goals and managing advertising sales opportunities from prospect to signing
- Self-motivator with history of working successfully in a fast-paced environment and able to deliver under pressure while managing multiple tasks
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine’s mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critic’s Choice, among others.
POPSUGAR Inc. is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR; its quarterly subscription box, POPSUGAR Must Have; its makeup line, Beauty by POPSUGAR; and the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl's. POPSUGAR delivers positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?