WHERE CULTURE CALLS HOME
Our mission is simple: dramatically transform the face of media ownership and investment by identifying, creating and scaling the largest ecosystem of Black-owned media brands and diverse creators. We are doing this by providing financial, strategic, and infrastructural support needed to build businesses capable of delivering engaged audiences at scale.
Group Black drives scalable Black-media ownership at pace and focuses on building Black-owned media businesses that embrace diversity in their organizations and audiences. Most importantly, Group Black delivers great content and experiences, as well as new, high-performing ways for advertisers to connect with consumers.
We know that your voice creates the path to our success. We are a place where employees can be authentic, creative, and energized by the people and work they touch each day.
At Group Black, our Media Planning team operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The entire team is responsible for accelerating Group Black’s transformation into a high-growth business. Our Media Planning team members are relationship managers that get excited about growing the business, creating creative proposals, and driving customer satisfaction.
Reporting to our Vice President, Customer Success, the Sales Planner is a key Sales partner, handling all phases of the pre-sale digital campaign process, including crafting media plans and requests for proposals. The ideal candidate should possess strategic media planning capabilities and experience supporting online media sales or buying teams.
The Sales Planner is a trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must have excellent time management, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills. As a Sales Planner, you will be expected to meet clearly defined individual goals while working closely with the Vice President, Customer Success, Sales, and Brand Strategy to drive the business forward. This is the perfect opportunity to join a Customer Success organization with a plan for future growth.
- Work with our Sales representatives, Brand Strategy team and collective partners to generate compelling custom ad programs across our portfolio
- As a Sales Planner, you will build and maintain impactful relationships, both internally and externally
- Build a high volume of RFP specific proposals
- Communicate effectively with agency contacts to address RFP deliverables and ad hoc requests
- Respond to requests for proposals via client templated forms and leading proposal development
- Recommend ad placements and content channels based on client’s campaign objectives
- Research user data and audience metrics; analyzing market/category trends
- Maintain the pipeline in collaboration with Sales team
- Identify areas for improvement within the pre-sale process and recommend solutions to drive operational efficiencies
- As needed, assist in the preparation and follow-up for client meetings, including the review of industry and account-specific information
What you can expect:
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing start-up company
- Fun company events and celebrations with a focus on inclusion and collaboration across all levels of the organization
What you bring to the team:
- At least 2 years digital management experience (preferred)
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
- Must be detail-oriented, and a strong communicator, who is adept at building & maintaining relationships
- Thrive in a results-driven, fun and fast-paced Sales environment
- A strong knowledge of online ad products, ad serving capabilities, philosophies and drawbacks
- Experienced Excel & Powerpoint user
- Ability to present complicated concepts and ideas in an easy to understand format
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.