About the Team:
Group Black is a next-gen media collective and accelerator focused on the advancement of Black-owned media properties. Group Black will do more than simply traffic media dollars to current Black-owned media businesses. We will expand Black ownership of media, and support and encourage young Black entrepreneurs to develop the media properties of the future.
This is an amazing opportunity to support one of Forbes 30 under 30 top Executives. We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant who can foster our growth into the next stage through supporting our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in all aspects. This individual will be the ambassador to the company at large and is motivated by a love for organization and planning. The role reports to the Chief of Staff and will be located in New York City.
- Act as a scheduling liaison for the CEO by maintaining and managing calendars, paying close attention to prioritizing their time most effectively
- Provide meeting support through scheduling and preparation, taking notes, setting up calls/videos, and providing follow up and action items after meetings
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks for CEO including general organization, booking travel and speaking engagements, processing expenses, and updating contacts
- Coordinate and prepare for executive and company meetings and conference calls, including arrangement of logistics, meeting space, communications and catering
- Lead in the training and development of other Assistants, including candidate interviewing
- Engage in administrative tasks related to execution, distribution and organization of documents
- Handle ad hoc projects and personal assistance on an as needed basis
- Our EAs work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications from external and internal sources. You will play an integral role in the culture and team environment.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience in and administrative role, at least one of which supporting a C-level executive (experience at fast-growing startup a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional level experience
- Able to engage with senior executives, investors and entrepreneurs in a professional manner
- You have a keen sense for organization and project management, and you can skillfully manage multiple calendars at a fast pace
- Experience managing complex professional and personal calendars
- Extreme attention to detail
- Professional communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong passion for helping others
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite and other collaboration tools
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent follow-up and follow through with ability to stay on top of and anticipate competing and changing priorities
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.