About the Team:
Group Black is a next-gen media collective and accelerator focused on the advancement of Black-owned media properties. Group Black will do more than simply traffic media dollars to current Black-owned media businesses. We will expand Black ownership of media, and support and encourage young Black entrepreneurs to develop the media properties of the future.
Our Growth Team leads our efforts to grow Group Black’s member companies, and creator/ influencer networks, with a focus on both driving scale, and relentlessly building the most exciting, culturally relevant properties for the next generation of diverse audiences. We are a team of disruptive thinkers, entrepreneurial in nature, who proactively envision and identify opportunities to expand our collective footprint in media and culture. The members of our Growth team are expert relationship builders, constant collaborators, and creative problem solvers, with proven experience in working with relevant partners to find success and generate innovative and high-impact results.
Group Black is seeking a Director of Growth (Member Management), responsible for maintaining relationships with our member and network companies. This role is highly collaborative, both liaising internally with cross-functional teams, and working closely with our partners to help to grow member company relevance and revenue.
Reporting to the Head of Growth, your work will help to identify, define, and go after the most compelling growth opportunities for Group Black. In this role, you should have a deep connection to culture, experience in effectively executing growth strategies, and be an expert relationship-builder, with a knack for how to effectively monetize new opportunities.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with member companies.
- Work with member companies to identify and execute new revenue growth opportunities.
- Liaise internally to ensure all teams are familiar with all member/network companies, and are able to leverage accordingly (especially sales team).
- Work closely with sales team on identifying custom content opportunities to bring to brand clients.
- Establish regular communication cadence with member companies (biweekly, monthly, etc) for relationship development and assessment of ongoing growth opportunities
- Develop review/feedback process with member companies. Assess GB network company performance to identify exceptional performers and best practices.
- Work to proactively create new revenue expansion opportunities to take to market (e.g. new content/tentpole creation, streaming of existing tentpoles, etc.)
Building relationships with our existing and potential companies is critical. Your first priority at Group Black will involve establishing a regular cadence of communication with member companies and identifying opportunities to grow revenue.
What you bring to the team:
- 10+ years experience in a brand, media or strategic partnerships role
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for all things culture
- Growth mindset with proven ability to monetize new opportunities
- Experience negotiating and executing innovative partnerships
- Strong public facing presentation skills representing Group Black
- Experience articulating member feedback to internal stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Excitement about working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to adapt to change in a growing company
- Ability to Identify cultural trends, industry trends, and audience growth opportunities; providing teams with a point of view on how it affects the way brands connect with people
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.